CORE VALUES OF THE INSTITUTION
Vision and Mission of the institution are communicated through College handbook, magazine and website. They are also displayed at the strategic points – such as class rooms, departments, notice boards, library, hostel, and canteen.
The institution works towards the attainment of the centre of Excellence with the following objectives
Serving for the cause of social justice, ensuring equity and increasing access to to higher education could contribute to the nation building.
Enhancing the global competencies through collaboration with industries, network with neighbourhood bodies and fostering a close relationship between ‘’World of competitive learning’’ and the ‘world of skilled work’, so as to make the students to achieve success in global job market.
Inculcating value system with social, cultural, economic and cultural realities at the local, national and global level.
Use of Technology
To keep pace with developments in science and technology, effective functioning of the institution should be promoted through adoption of technology enabled learning resources and managing the activities of the institution.
Achievement of the entire frame works for the attainment of holistic development of the institution towards the achievement of centre of excellence.
Core values of the institution include
- Academic freedom
- Institutional Autonomy
- Equitable Access
- Social Responsibility
- Freedom of teaching and discussion.
- Freedom to carryout research.
- Freedom for disseminating and publishing research findings.
- Freedom for expression.
- Freedom to participate in professional or representative academic bodies.
- Institution with the obligation to seek and impart truth according to the ethical and professional standards and to respond to contemporary problems and needs of all the members of the society.
Degree of self governance and hierarchical decision making by the institutions regarding their academic work ,standards, management and related activities; with the principles of equitable access, academic freedom, public accountability and social responsibility.
Institutionalization of the evaluation of the academic processes, performance and activities by the stakeholders; with due respect for academic freedom and institutional autonomy.
Permitting successful participation in higher education profession based on merit .No discrimination will be allowed on the grounds of race, gender, knowledge and religion and distinctions in the basis of economic, social, cultural and physical disabilities.
To blossom into a Centre of Excellence in Higher Education and Research, targeting the women students of the downtrodden and economically weaker section of the society, so as to enlighten, empower and make them instrumental in creating a par excellent society.
- To provide higher education to the women students of the rural and economically weaker sections of the society.
- To provide sophisticated infrastructure facilities for teaching, learning and research.
- To adopt recent technological advancements and innovations in teaching-learning processes through ICT so as to make them competent.
- To work consistently towards achieving excellence in the teaching and learning process in the institution.
- To promote knowledge through research, both in basic and applied areas of science and technology and to disseminate such knowledge through publications, extension activities and consultancy services.
- To inculcate positive attitude, intellectual abilities, reflective personal growth, leadership qualities and to develop service-oriented mind set of women in the process of teaching and learning.
- To establish collaboration with advanced centres of education and research, industries, corporates through Memorandum of Understanding.
- To provide value based higher education to women so as to make them socially responsible and good citizens Ultimately, the women students will be empowered through holistic development for nation building.