Career Guidance & Placement Cell
The Career guidance and Placement cell is very effectively engaged in developing the students in all needed skills. The cell arranges various campus interviews for the direct recruitment of the final year UG and PG students. The primary aim of the cell is to develop competency skill among the students and to promote women’s empowerment. The cell encourages and guides the final year students to participate in on campus interviews and off campus interviews.
To facilitate the students for improving their competency skill, our cell conducted various programmes on resume preparation, personality development, communication skill development, Group discussion and Aptitude test which enrich the students’ potentiality in the competitive world.
To provide opportunities to students for updating competency skills in order to make them employable.
To achieve more placement opportunities to those students who wish to go for employment, enhance their life and promote the image of the institution.
- To frame elite group of students.
- To train the students to improve their competency skill.
- To create awareness about the job avenues.
- To display the job opportunities of various companies on the notice board of the college.
- To motivate to attend on campus /off campus interviews.
- To liaison with companies to conduct campus interviews
PLACEMENT CELL COORDINATORS
|2009-2010||X.Amala Vinodha, R.Anitha|
ACTIVITIES OF THE PLACEMENT CELL
- Students’ employment is facilitated through the placement cell. Our cell invites companies, either individually or as a group by organizing on-campus interviews. It also arranges for participation of students in off campus placement activities.
- The students have been placed in amongst the best companies of the country. Our graduates have been employed in companies like TCS, HCL, WIPRO, Hyundai, L-CUBE, ABN AMRO Bank etc.
- Conducts regular class-room training Programs on the topics related to the improvement of the students Career Development, Communication skills, Aptitude skills, and Interview skills in accordance to face all Organization’s Interviews and Competitions.
- Pre-Placement talks were organized every year by various resource persons for sharpening the skills of individual’s, detailing them about Personal Interviews to Group Discussions and resume building.
- Arranges Campus Interviews for the direct recruitment of the final year students.
- Support, Encourage and Guide the final year students to participate in the OFF-Campus Interviews at various Institutions affiliated to Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli.
- Organizes work-shop on both On and Off line Aptitude test Programs, Group Discussions, Interview techniques, Mock Interviews etc…to enable the students to practice the same and execute at most best during their Final Organization Interviews.
- Utilizes the MOUs with various companies in order to ensure our students to get placed.
- To facilitate the students for improving their competency skill, our Cell conducted various programmes.
TRAINING AND CAREER GUIDANCE FROM PLACEMENT CELL
The Cell imparts training to all students to develop their employability skills and to be good Corporate Executive and Civilized Citizen. In order to achieve the same continuous efforts are made in this direction. A well organized placement cell establishes contacts with various companies and organizations thus creating opportunity for on campus placement of the students. The off campus opportunities are also created
To facilitate the students for improving their competency skill, our Cell conducted various programmes such as
- Resume preparation
- Personality development
- Communication skill development
- Group discussion
- Aptitude test
- Mock Interview
- Quintegra Solutions Ltd
- Sabre Technologies
- WIPRO Technologies
- Sutherland Global Service
- ABN AMRO
- Andromeda Marketing Pvt. Ltd
- Elysium Technologies Pvt. Ltd
- SUVAKI Entertainment Pvt. Ltd
- ICICI Bank
- Preludesys India Ltd
|ON CAMPUS INTERVIEW|
|S.No.||Year||Company||Students Attended||Students Selected|
|1||2011-12||1. L-CUBE , Chennai||65||8|
|2. Andromeda Marketing Pvt. Ltd, Chennai||168||36|
|3. Hyundai/ICICI , Chennai||29||12|
|2||2012-13||1. GSA , Chennai||18||6|
|2. Elysium Technologies Pvt. Ltd, Madurai||96||11|
|3||2013-14||SUVAKI Entertainment Pvt. Ltd, Chennai||20||2|
|4||2014-15||Preludesys India Ltd, Chennai||19||2|
|OFF CAMPUS INTERVIEW|
|S.No.||YEAR||COMPANY||STUDENTS ATTENDED||STUDENTS SELECTED|
|1||2011-12||1. WIPRO Technologies, Chennai||33||4|
|2. TCS, Chennai||7||1|
|2||2013-14||1.Sans Pareil IT Services Private limited, Chennai||28||2|
|2. VDART Pvt. Ltd, Chennai||6||2|
|3||2014-15||ICICI Bank, Chennai||36||20|
FUTURE PLAN OF THE CELL
- The cell will contact more number of employers and to create enough placement opportunities to all students.
- The cell will conduct more training Programmes, Workshops to train all final year students on soft skills,
- The cell will maintain a close relationship with STET Alumni to arrange for more placements to our students.
- The cell is trying to get 100% placement for the aspiring students.
2. P. Rani