Rotaract is an international program of young professionals who want to make a difference. Members are involved in community service, international service, leadership development and networking activities. Rotaract is a gate way to network with your local business community.
First Rotaract Club of STET Women’s College was inaugurated on 15th September 1997 in the college premises. Every year nearly 300 students enroll themselves in the Rotaract Club as members and render their services to the society.
- To protect and preserve vanishing arts, documentation of rare arts and improving the performance of artists.
- To create an aesthetic consciousness among the students with their active participation.
Purpose of Rotaract Club
The purpose of Rotaract is to provide an opportunity for young men and women to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development, to address the physical and social needs of their communities and to promote better relations with all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service.
Objectives of Rotaract Club
- To develop professional and leadership skills
- To emphasize respect for the rights of others and to promote ethical standards and the dignity of all useful occupations
- To provide opportunities for young people to address the needs and concerns of the community and our world
- To provide opportunities for working in cooperation with sponsoring Rotary clubs
- To motivate young people for eventual membership in Rotary