Students Support Programmes
The institution supports the students to achieve progress in the learning process through English Language Laboratory, Soft Skill Development Cell, Career Guidance and Placement Cell, Entrepreneurial Development Cell, Target CE, Research and Development Cell, Fine Arts Association, Sports and Games Committee, Library Committee, Magazine Committee, Anti Ragging Committee, Committee for Differently abled persons, WECAN, Alumni Association, Grievance Redressal Cell, Counselling Committee, Consumer Citizen Club, Discipline Committee, Transport Committee, Hostel Committee, Health Club, Student
EXNORA and other Allied Associations etc.,
The support extended by the institution is inclusive.
Support for SC/ST and Economically Weaker sections.
- The institution facilitates the SC/ST students to get the social welfare scholarship from the state government. Since the institution is self -financing in nature, the students of BC/MBC are not eligible for scholarships
- However, BC/MBC students of MBA and MCA are facilitated to get the scholarship from the State Government
- The management financially supports the economically weaker section of the society. through free ships in tuition fee, hostel fee and transportation fee.
Support for physically disabled students
- Committee for Differently abled persons takes the responsibility of overcoming the hardships faced by the differently abled students by providing facilities such as user friendly toilet, ramp, wheel chair, and lift.
- Creating awareness about the benefits of the schemes offered by the Central and State governments for the disabled people through class circulars and display in the college notice board.
- Online tests are conducted to the final year UG and PG students on various topics to develop aptitude skills and to get an idea about the competitive examinations. Coaching classes were conducted for UGC NET / SET examinations in May 2014 for both the staff members and students
- Career guidance and Placement Cell also help them to improve their skill of competency
- Coaching classes are conducted for the final year UG students for TANCET entrance examination.
Support for competitive examinations
Career Guidance and Placement Cell, and TARGET CE arrange coaching classes/training
programmes to face the competitive examinations (Banking Services, TNPSC, UPSC, GATE examinations, etc.,).
Coaching class for UPSC Examinations
Three students with academic excellence were selected and sent to the IAS coaching centre (Officers IAS Academy), Chennai in June 2014. All expenses (fees, boarding and lodging) are borne by the management and the selected students are
- S.Girigujambiga - MCA
- M.Suganya - MCA
- V. Rajeswari – MBA
Support for Language Development & Skill classes (Spoken English, Computer Literacy, etc.,).
- Spoken English classes are conducted on alternate Saturdays for the freshers and weekly once classes for the final year PG students
- Computer literacy classes are conducted during and after the college hours
- Language laboratory classes are conducted for the first year PG students to develop LSRW (listening, speaking, reading and writing) skills.
Support of Medical assistance to students.
- The Health Care Centre with a physician, a staff in-charge (Physical Director) and van, has been provided by the management.
- The Doctor visits the hostel and the college everyday.
- A separate vehicle is provided by the Management to take the ailing students to hospital, accompanied by the class in-charge and two volunteers,(for both hostellers and day scholars).
- Counselling is provided and awareness is created to students on the causes and problems of obesity, deficiency diseases, peptic ulcer, etc.
- The physical director is the overall in-charge of the health care of the students.
Support for soft skill development programme for students.
- The college provides soft skill development training to impart communication and to groom personality development to the students
- The English Language Laboratory trains the students to communicate in English.
- The Bridge intensive course gives orientation to the college environment at the entry level.
- Computer literacy has been ensured to all the students, though it is not mandatory.
- Hardware and software skill development trainings are offered for a week through the Computer Society of India.
- Diploma courses are conducted as value added courses for the non computer major students 1. Diploma in Computer Application (DCA), 2. Diploma in Desk Top Publishing (DDTP) and 3. Certificate Programme in Computer Science.
- Diploma in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) and IBM Certificate course are conducted for the Computer Science, Information Technology and M.C.A Students.
- Eight certificate courses are proposed to conduct by the Departments of Microbiology,Biochemistry and Nutrition and Dietetics.
Support for slow learners.
- Slow learners are persuaded to approach the teachers for improvement
- Apart from the University instruction hours, extra one hour is utilized for tutorial classes every week to support the slow learners
- Remedial classes are conducted to help the academically weaker students for two hours on alternate Saturdays
Support for field/industrial visits/Hands on Experience.
- Students of Computer Science, Information Technology and MCA are sent for internship and project work to software firms.
- Students of M.B.A. are sent for industrial visits to corporate companies and to do projects.
- Students of Biochemistry and Microbiology are sent for internships to corporate hospitals.
- Students of Nutrition and Dietetics are sent for internship programmes to hospitals and star hotels.
- Excursions are arranged every year for UG students to widen the horizons of knowledge and experience.
Support for Student Publication
- The students of science, humanities and language departments bring out half yearly newsletters viz., ThelluThamizh (Tamil) , Damsels’ views(English), Path finder (Economics), Espousal (BBA), Nexus (Commerce), Aryabhatta (Mathematics), CSLILO (Computer Science), Wings (Science Departments), The First step (MBA) and CAN (MCA).
- The college publishes annual college magazine.
- The college also publishes a quarterly international journal entitled “International Journal of Scientific Transactions in Environment and Technovation”